Saturday, June 03, 2006

Infants and Toddlers

One of the things that I want to do while I have a bit more time this summer is volunteer in an organization where I have a chance to work closely with infants and toddlers. I've had many opportunities to interact with kids that are older (8 and up) mostly through coaching soccer but I've never had any opportunity to be around infants and toddlers. I'm the youngest in my family and I haven't been around extended family much.

I have a glimmer of possibility that there is something special that happens to an adult when they hold an infant. I want to find out what that is all about, at least a little. If anyone knows of any great organization that need volunteers in this capacity please let me know. I've been thinking about the Crisis Nursery in Minneapolis and Children's hospital in St Paul. Any other ideas?

No comments: