Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Consider this...

My Mom sent this quote to me almost two years ago. I've been hanging onto the email since then trying to figure out how to apply this to my life. The decision to launch into a new phase of my career and my attendence at PUSH the last couple of days has reinforced this message as well as given me a chance to live it. I think you'll like this.

"Consider this,

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but rather that we are powerful beyond measure. It is the attention to our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves: "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Who am I to stand out? Is it safe to let my gifts show? Will others attack me out of jealousy?"

"Actually, who are you not to be? You are a creation of the divine force like all other creatures.

"Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking to reassure other people with your lack of expression in order to make them feel secure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of the creation that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence liberates others. Our positive energy releases manifestation in others.

"Therefore, seek not to conceal your own light, but let it shine affirmatively so that its beam may lead others to sharing their own brilliance and talents."

Nelson Mandela

No comments: