Saturday, January 29, 2005

A9 start to differentiate

Check out the following article about the new Yellow Pages on A9.com.

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1755463,00.asp

Also take a look at how they did it here

http://a9.com/-/company/YellowPages.jsp

I think the most interesting feature is the click-to-call capability that uses VOIP to connect the person browsing the yellow pages with the store/merchant. There are certainly a lot more features worth checking out such as the ability for people to review the store and that business owners can update the information about their listing.

If you have any favorite places in the cities where images are available take a look. It's kind of fun to see these places and then be able to walk down the street to see what is next door.

I'd love it if they added functionality so I could make the A9 yellow pages my home page and each time I see the page the search results of some random category search are displayed for my chosen zip code. I think it would be a great way to get to know the businesses in my neighborhood that I would otherwise never discover.

No comments: