Thursday, January 18, 2007

Gratitude-A-Day Jan 18, 2007

Today, I'm grateful for mindfulness practice. The class I mentioned a couple of days ago has had the expected effect of spurring me to practice on a more regular basis and has also introduced a new element to my mindfulness practice which I really enjoy. This new element is mindfulness of feeling states when a thought comes up - pleasant, unpleasant or neither pleasant or unpleasant. This is tricky to learn to start to incorporating into my practice but I'm learning a lot from the process and what it's illuminating for me.

1 comment:

Maya said...

Hi Bart,
Really appreciate your daily gratitude posts! Your mindfulness class sounds interesting, but don't forget that you can do this practice ANYWHERE, ANYTIME. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that the more you incorporate this awareness into your Real-World experience (while engaging in the world around you instead of simply sitting and watching your thoughts) the more you'll understand about the way your emotions get stirred up--or not.
But that's my perspective! You're free to create your own. ;-)
Best,
Maya
Maya Talisman Frost
www.Real-WorldMindfulness.com